Friday, February 20, 2015

Updates

So we have some updates to share!  I am working at a church in a Pastoral role here in Portland.  It is not a call but it is a foot in the door, a chance to work with a congregation and helps me keep up my training.  I am serving as a Pastoral Intern, for lack of a better title.

Last Memorial Day I was asked to be a pulpit supply for Holy Trinity Lutheran here in SE Portland.  After the service, while talking with some of the members I was offered a few more Sundays  to come and preach.  Seeing as I had no other commitments, I jumped at the opportunity.  As the summer progressed into the fall, I found myself leading worship at Holy Trinity for multiple Sunday's a month.  Later that fall,  through a conversation with the council, we discovered that there was going to be an opportunity for part-time Pastoral work.

After discussing the possibility with Colleen, the Synod and the congregation we worked out a contract for me to serve Holy Trinity as a Part-Time Pastoral Intern and take care of pastoral duties around the church.  This is not a call for a variety of reasons, but I am helping them to discern for the future for the congregation, take care of the spiritual needs of the congregation
and follow the guide of the Holy Spirit.

Thank you for your prayers and support along the way and I will keep you posted over the coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment